Saturday, October 25, 2014

Faking Your Work Day


Have you ever been so bored at work that you pretended to work?  Don’t worry, you don’t have to answer that question.  I am pretty sure many of us have in the past.  There are numerous strategies that employees do just to pass the time.  Some of my co-employees enjoy the usual countdown to punch out starting at 2:00 pm.  Others simply stare at the computers like they are in a trance.  Some say it is relaxing.  However, I have not tried it before.  Do you know how to fake looking like you are hard at work?


There is an article that details the different ways employees fake their work in a bid to survive the boredom at the office.  The article is entitled The Art of Looking Busy – Improving Corporate Culture and Performance.  This is a fun read since I can relate to these tactics – not that I have done them before (I have the right not to implicate myself).  These tactics are just phenomenal.  But since this subtle art of looking busy is already out, I am pretty sure newer strategies will be developed. 

So why would you read this article?  Well, it is funny for one.  Second, it can give you ideas at work – not that I encourage you to feign being a good employee.  Third, if you are a manager or supervisor, identifying these tactics will help you get your team working more productively. 

So if you haven’t learned this art yet, this is your chance to know.  By the way, if you have any other techniques in faking your work day, share it with us.

Read this funny article here.




If you have a link that is related to the topic share it here.


Photo by PublicDomainPictures CC - 0 via Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...